I have failed to make an update for a few months. My bad!
I have been hard at work however, and hope that a concrete multiplayer alpha test is within reach.
Progress has been made on a range of things:
- Entirely revamped the AI system to support varying items, abilities, and behaviours
- Written several basic AI routines
- Expanded AI interaction system to encompass a wider range of possible interactions (dialogue, shouting, combat, etc)
- Added a sound management system to maintain and play/switch tracks of music when areas change or combat is engaged
- Added the first draft of a main menu:
- Added some basic weather effects and laid the foundation for a weather managing system (snow seen above, rain below)
- Modified the data structure of items to make statistics, values, and events more identifiable to outside objects
- Significant progress on the inventory and item tooltip interfaces (WIP and much work left to do)
- Photographed, manipulated and created 7 new photogrammetry assets.
- Incorporated a few third party asset libraries to fill gaps
- Added one new cursor
- Loads of miscellaneous bugs
Lots of little stuff that should hopefully amount to some huge progress soon enough.
My next priorities are finally making the inventory and item UI fully usable and accurate, and the same with the AI system. Once these are in place I will begin working on some more basic gameflow, and then a multiplayer test should be approaching ready 🙂